Spliethoff Yacht Express – Thrusters exchange
General Cargo (Yacht Express)
Westcon Design Poland was asked to prepare Feasibility Study for exchange the original Wartsila thrusters with two of ABB make (on board of Yacht Express) and finally to prepare full engineering package for customer needs.
Scope of work
1. Stage – feasibility study scope covering:
– Checking possibility of ABB thruster installation, dimension wise.
– Determination of required/suggested range of structural modifications
– 3D FE model of aft hull construction and thruster foundation and Strength Analysis
– Preliminary arrangement of aft hull and foundations modification proposals
– Arrangement sketch with new propulsion
2. Stage – 3D model and drawings allowing to:
– Remove old thrusters, electric motors, shafts, related electric cabinets, cables, equipment and
– Remove existing thruster foundations, prefabricate and install in hull new one.
– Remove existing equipment foundations, prefabricate and install new one.
– Remove existing inspection hatches, prefabricate and install new one in Main Deck.
– Install new electrical equipment and cables.
– Modify related systems (piping, equipment, valves and fittings).